Windows 7 has many tricks and hacks to learn. Windows 7 is the second most popular operating system after windows XP. There are many tricks which you don't know even after using windows 7 for a while. Right from increasing the performance of Windows 7 to troubleshooting the problems, we have covered and we will keep updating about all new features of Windows 7.
|Windows 7 Tips and Tricks|
1. Burn ISO Images
Finally, Windows 7 introduces the method to burn ISO images directly to a blank CD. Earlier we used to install a burning software such as NERO to burn ISO images but with Windows 7, you don't need to install any other software to burn iso images.
Double click the ISO image and select the blank CD drive and click on BURN. It's very simple.
2. Troubleshoot Problems on Windows 7
Troubleshooting has never been easier. There are new troubleshoot packs available in Windows 7 to help you solve all your problems. Suppose something in your PC is creating problem and you don't which part then Go to Control Panel and select Find and fix problems which will open the troubleshooting pack.
It will open a new Wizard which will help you to check your operating system settings, resolve any problems and will clean your system.
3. Startup Repair
Now once you installed windows 7, create a startup repair disk right away. It's good to create a startup disk in case your PC run into an emergency. Windows 7 lets you create a start up repair disk easily.
- Go to start.
- Click on Maintenance.
- Click on Create a system repair disc.
4. Switch to a ProjectorYou can switch from one monitor to another monitor or to a projector in Windows 7 very easily. There are two ways you can change the display from one to another monitor. Hold Win key + P or simply open run and type DISPLAYSWITCH.EXE . It will open a window in which you can choose your preferred display.
5. Auto Arrange your Desktop IconsSuppose you icons are scattered all over the desktop and you want to be in order then you can use two methods. First one is the method that everybody knows, by right clicking and choosing the auto arrange option in the view menu.
Press and hold F5 key to auto arrange your icons on desktop.
6. Display your drivesThere are few features which most users don't like and it's one of them. You pen drive or memory card may not be visible on Windows 7 because it's empty. In order to show your pen drive in my computer, it should have some content to show, else you may not see it. However, you can change the option like this:
- Open my Computer.
- Go to tools.
- Click on Folder options.
- Click view.
- Uncheck the option which says Hide empty drive in my computer.