Command Prompt is made available with windows. In short we know it as CMD. We can also call it as MS-DOS. MS-DOS is a operating system by Microsoft which was used earlier. In Command Prompt , we made use of command to operate any kind of actions.
Command prompt is black screen window with a address written inside that. You can operate the whole computer through it if you know all the commands of command prompt.
Here I am going to tell you some of the basic commands which you can use right now to start learning the basics of CMD.
These are commands which you can type and hit enter into the cmd window. You will mainly see the above window whenever you will open command window. Just instead of administrator you username will be there.
Let's start how you can learn basic commands.
- First You need to set the path to your desired location like in the E drive of your hard disk.
- Type E: and hit enter. It will change the path to E drive.
- Type MD MICROSOFT and hit enter. A folder named microsoft will be created in the hard drive.
- Type RD MICROSOFT and hit enter. The folder will be deleted.
- Type CD MICROSOFT and hit enter. Now the path will be changed to Microsoft and using this command you can change the path to your desired location.
- Type CD.. and hit enter. It will take you back to e drive.
- Type EDIT and hit enter. It will open a blue screen. You can type and save anything inside this screen. Just keep one thing in mind that while saving the document you have to enter the extension for the file like .DOC for Microsoft word files, .PPT for Powerpoint files.
- Type DEL MICRO and hit enter. It will delete the file named Micro from the drive.
- Type START SONGNAME.MP3 and hit enter. It will play the song in your default media player.
- Type DIR and hit enter. It will show all the files and folders inside that particular folder.
- Type EXIT and hit enter. It will close the window.
Let me know if you have a problem regarding this.